Glazed Apple Rings
Four ingredients and a skillet are all that you'll need for these delightful apple rings. Serve them as a sweet side dish alongside pork or for dessert.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cored
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar and
- lemon juice. Cut the apple into four rings; add to skillet. Reduce
- heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until apple rings are
- tender, turning frequently. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 apple rings equals 107 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.