- In a large bowl, combine apples, 1 cup sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons
- cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat. Spoon over crust.
- Roll remaining dough into a thin 15x10-in. rectangle; place over
- apple filling. Beat egg white; brush over pastry. Combine remaining
- sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top. Bake 45-50 minutes or
- until golden brown.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to
- achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm pastry. Cool
- completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 square equals 209 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.