- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup ice water
- 14 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Beat egg yolks and water; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out one half to fit the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Toss apples with lemon juice and vanilla; set aside. Combine sugars, cinnamon and salt. Place half of the apples over crust; sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture. Repeat; dot with butter.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Seal and flute edges. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over pie. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Apple Pan Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p54
Reviews for Glazed Apple Pan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review