Glazed Apple Dumplings Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Using a sharp knife, cut pastry sheet in half. Return half to the freezer. Thaw remaining pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut into two 7-in. squares.
- 2. Place an apple on each square. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Spoon into center of each apple; top each with 1 teaspoon butter. Gently bring up corners of pastry to center; pinch edges to seal. Place in a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; brush over pastry.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over dumplings. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 516 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Apple Dumplings
"Very tasty and delicious. Heavy on the calories though."