Glazed Apple Dumplings Recipe
A flaky, crisp crust hides a moist, tender apple in this Dumpling sent by Roger Slivon from Genesee Depot, Wisconsin. Make any meal special with this tasty treat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Using a sharp knife, cut pastry sheet in half. Return half to the freezer. Thaw remaining pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut into two 7-in. squares.
- 2. Place an apple on each square. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Spoon into center of each apple; top each with 1 teaspoon butter. Gently bring up corners of pastry to center; pinch edges to seal. Place in a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; brush over pastry.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over dumplings. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 dumpling equals 516 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC