- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a sharp knife, cut pastry sheet in half. Return half to the freezer. Thaw remaining pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut into two 7-in. squares.
- Place an apple on each square. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Spoon into center of each apple; top each with 1 teaspoon butter. Gently bring up corners of pastry to center; pinch edges to seal. Place in a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over dumplings. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Dumplings in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p21
Reviews for Glazed Apple Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2012
Very tasty and delicious. Heavy on the calories though.