Glazed Apple Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup apple juice or milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- VANILLA GLAZE:
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine shortening, sugar, baking soda, spices and egg. Stir in apples, nuts, raisins, juice or milk and half of the flour; mix well. Blend in the remaining flour. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients and frost cookies while warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 292 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Apple Cookies
"Delicious and easy to make. I leave them on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes; they are easier to handle. Highly recommended."
"Next time I'll make them with only 1/2 t. cloves. They mask the other flavors. Otherwise they're a great cookie."
"I just made these today and they are very easy and taste sooo good. It maked 4 1/2 doz cookies so you need to double the frosting recipe. I will be makeing them again and sharing the recipe with my friends."