Glazed Apple and Sausage with Pancakes Recipe
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Links
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 pancakes or frozen waffles, warmed
- 1. Heat sausage according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine flour and water. Add apple and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in brown sugar. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Cut sausage into bite-size pieces. Add to apple mixture. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
1 each: 623 calories, 42g fat (14g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1315mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.