Glazed Apple and Sausage with Pancakes Recipe
This breakfast treat makes for a great kid-friendly meal. Kids don't like onions? Simply leave them out. And since most of it is made in the microwave, clean-up is a breeze. Cheryl Reisen - Ashland, Nebraska
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 pancakes or frozen waffles, warmed
- 1. Heat sausage according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine flour and water. Add apple and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in brown sugar. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Cut sausage into bite-size pieces. Add to apple mixture. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup sausage mixture with 2 pancakes equals 623 calories, 42 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,315 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Apple and Sausage with Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC