- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and cream of
- tartar; bring to a boil over low heat. Cook and stir until a candy
- thermometer reads 226° (thread stage). Cool to 110° (do not
- stir). Stir in the extract, food coloring if desired and enough
- confectioners' sugar to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over
- cookies. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 165 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.