These glossy candy-coated almonds are almost like brittle but much easier to make. With the sweet and salty combination, it's hard to stop munching these delicious nuts.
Recommended: Chocolate Almond Recipes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy skillet, combine the almonds, sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sugar is golden brown.
- Remove from the heat; carefully stir in vanilla. Spread onto prepared baking sheet; immediately sprinkle with salt. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 pound.
Originally published as Glazed Almonds in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p39
Reviews for Glazed Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2014
"easy enough to do. I used a coarse salt for taste and visual appeal."