Glass Bowl Salad Recipe
Crisp, refreshing ingredients topped with a creamy dressing and crumbled bacon assured there'd be no leftovers when this salad bowl made its way around the table. -Anne Heinonen, Howell, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a 3-qt. clear glass serving bowl, layer the first six ingredients in order given. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth; spread evenly over salad. Cover and chill overnight. Sprinkle with bacon just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC