Glass Bowl Salad
Crisp, refreshing ingredients topped with a creamy dressing and crumbled bacon assured there'd be no leftovers when this salad bowl made its way around the table.
-Anne Heinonen, Howell, Michigan
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 3-qt. clear glass serving bowl, layer the first six ingredients
- in order given. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth;
- spread evenly over salad. Cover and chill overnight. Sprinkle with
- bacon just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.