Crisp, refreshing ingredients topped with a creamy dressing and crumbled bacon assured there'd be no leftovers when this salad bowl made its way around the table. -Anne Heinonen, Howell, Michigan
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 3-qt. clear glass serving bowl, layer the first six ingredients in order given. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth; spread evenly over salad. Cover and chill overnight. Sprinkle with bacon just before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Glass Bowl Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p35
Reviews for Glass Bowl Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review