Gladiator Chicken Skewers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Thread chicken onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Coat chicken with crumb mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken in batches in butter. Place skewers on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice if desired and salt. Serve with chicken skewers. Yield: 6 skewers (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Gladiator Chicken Skewers in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p59
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Gladiator Chicken Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2013
We had this tonight and it was very tasty. The sauce really compliments the spices on the chicken. This is a great snack for sports nights.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Mexican Appetizers >