Gladiator Chicken Skewers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Thread chicken onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Coat chicken with crumb mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken in batches in butter. Place skewers on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice if desired and salt. Serve with chicken skewers. Yield: 6 skewers (1 cup sauce).
1 skewer with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 213 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Gladiator Chicken Skewers
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.