Gladiator Chicken Skewers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Thread chicken onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Coat chicken with crumb mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken in batches in butter. Place skewers on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice if desired and salt. Serve with chicken skewers. Yield: 6 skewers (1 cup sauce).
1 skewer with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 213 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Gladiator Chicken Skewers
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.