Nothing goes to waste in my kitchen. My mom believed in using every part of the bird. Now I make it for my own family.—Jan Setterlunds, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken gizzards, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cans (49-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add gizzards, shake to coat. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, brown gizzards in oil. Add chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until the gizzards are tender. Add noodles; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Gizzard Soup in Country Woman January/February 1998, p38
Reviews for Gizzard Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review