- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken gizzards, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cans (49-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add gizzards, shake to coat. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, brown gizzards in oil. Add chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until the gizzards are tender. Add noodles; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Gizzard Soup
Sort By :
This was easy to prepare after cutting up the gizzards. Very good flavor. Everyone thought it delicious but wondered why there were no vegetables in it. I thought it turned out a little greasy. Not sure if it was from the oil (I used way less than called for) or from fat on the meat.
I got this same kind of recipe form my mom! Don't be afraid of gizzards, they taste just like chicken when cooked this way!! Nice and tender!
very good and tasty too
I go phesant hunting in SD every year, and I get to keep all the gibblets. Made this soup from them & it was great. I cut back on the broth thou.
not sure if the amount for chicken broth is correct, so am hesitent to try