Give a Hoot Cupcakes Recipe
- Cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- Small banana-shaped hard candies (Runts)
- 1. Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- 2. Split the sandwich cookies in half, keeping the cream side whole (microwaving a few cookies at a time for several seconds helps to keep the cream side solid). Place the cookies, cream side up, on the cupcakes for eyes. Cut remaining cookie pieces crosswise into thirds; discard the center third and set the rest aside.
- 3. With the vanilla frosting, attach the chocolate-covered mints for eyes; pipe pupils.
- 4. Place reserved cookie pieces above eyes for the ears. Pipe chocolate frosting on ears and around eyes. For beaks, press yellow candies between eyes. Yield: varies.
1 cupcake: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Give a Hoot Cupcakes
"I was asked to make these for a friend's child birthday party. So cute! Made the cupcakes the day before. Before party assembled the cute owl faces. This cupcake were the hit of the party. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I appreciate recipes ideas that show a personal touch but not too difficult!"
"I made 24 of these cupcakes for our daughter and son-in-law's woodland-themed baby shower. Everyone thought that they were adorable! Although they were easy to assemble, they were rather time-consuming to make; however, the end results were so well worth it! I will definitely make them again."
"These are too cute!!! Can't wait to make them for an upcoming Birthday/Halloween party!!!"
"Easy to make and a child's delight. My granddaughter had great interest in making these for a party."