Hoot hoot! Party guests will be "eyeing up" these treats long before you serve dessert! They make a lasting impression and only require six ingredients to make.
- Cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- Small banana-shaped hard candies (Runts)
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Split the sandwich cookies in half, keeping the cream side whole (microwaving a few cookies at a time for several seconds helps to keep the cream side solid). Place the cookies, cream side up, on the cupcakes for eyes. Cut remaining cookie pieces crosswise into thirds; discard the center third and set the rest aside.
- With the vanilla frosting, attach the chocolate-covered mints for eyes; pipe pupils.
- Place reserved cookie pieces above eyes for the ears. Pipe chocolate frosting on ears and around eyes. For beaks, press yellow candies between eyes. Yield: varies.
Originally published as Give a Hoot Cupcakes in Fun Food 2011 2011, p9
Reviews for Give a Hoot Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review