Give a Hoot Cupcakes Recipe
Hoot hoot! Party guests will be "eyeing up" these treats long before you serve dessert! They make a lasting impression and only require six ingredients to make.
- Cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- Small banana shaped hard candies (Runts)
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Split the sandwich cookies in half, keeping the cream side whole (microwaving a few cookies at a time for several seconds helps to keep the cream side solid). Place the cookies, cream side up, on the cupcakes for eyes. Cut remaining cookie pieces into thirds; discard the center third and set the rest aside.
- With the vanilla frosting, attach the chocolate-covered mints for eyes; pipe pupils.
- Place reserved cookie pieces above eyes for the ears. Pipe chocolate frosting on ears and around eyes.
- Press the yellow candies in between the eyes as the beak. Yield: varies.
Originally published as Give a Hoot Cupcakes in Fun Food 2011 2011, p9
Reviews for Give a Hoot Cupcakes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Cupcake Recipes >