- Cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- Small banana shaped hard candies (Runts)
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Split the sandwich cookies in half, keeping the cream side whole (microwaving a few cookies at a time for several seconds helps to keep the cream side solid). Place the cookies, cream side up, on the cupcakes for eyes. Cut remaining cookie pieces into thirds; discard the center third and set the rest aside.
- With the vanilla frosting, attach the chocolate-covered mints for eyes; pipe pupils.
- Place reserved cookie pieces above eyes for the ears. Pipe chocolate frosting on ears and around eyes.
- Press the yellow candies in between the eyes as the beak. Yield: varies.
Reviews for Give a Hoot Cupcakes
Sort By :
I made 24 of these cupcakes for our daughter and son-in-law's woodland-themed baby shower. Everyone thought that they were adorable! Although they were easy to assemble, they were rather time-consuming to make; however, the end results were so well worth it! I will definitely make them again.
These are too cute!!! Can't wait to make them for an upcoming Birthday/Halloween party!!!
Easy to make and a child's delight. My granddaughter had great interest in making these for a party.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Cupcake Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >