Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes 1 minute. Stir in pumpkin, pie spice, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without additional whipped topping) equals 429 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 746 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.