Gingersnap-Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
I've never quite gotten the hang of making a good pie crust. So I came up with this recipe, featuring a cake mix crust. The creamy pumpkin filling pairs well with the crunchy topping.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Additional gingersnap cookies, halved, optional
- 1. Set aside 3/4 cup cake mix for topping. In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and remaining cake mix; stir in butter and egg. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well. Pour over crust.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, sugar and reserved cake mix; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until filling is set and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Cool on a wire rack for 1-1/2 hours. If desired, garnish each serving with a gingersnap half. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15-18 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 430 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Gingersnap-Pumpkin Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC