Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 7 tablespoons gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 12 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping
- 1. Sprinkle crumbs onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses until smooth. Add sugar substitute and sugar; beat until smooth. Add sour cream, pumpkin, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; beat until blended. Add eggs and whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- 2. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a larger baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Remove foil from pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove sides of pan. Dollop each slice with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 246 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Reviews for Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake
"Very good and actually not difficult to make. I used a different recipe for the gingersnap crust.Crust• ½ cup pecans• 2 Tbsp sugar• 1 cup gingersnap crumbs (about 20 store bought cookies)• 5 Tbsp unsalted butter (melted)Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In food processor, combine pecans and sugar until finely chopped, about 20 seconds. Pour into large bowl, add gingersnap crumbs and mix. Pour in butter and stir well. Press in to 10 inch pie dish or bottom of spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool. Leave oven on."