- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, pie spice and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cake; sprinkle with crushed cookies.
Freeze option: Wrap cooled cake in plastic wrap, then cover securely in foil; freeze. To use, thaw cake before unwrapping. Frost and decorate as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Gingersnap Pumpkin Cake
Sort By :
"I really enjoyed this cake. It is really moist and has a great flavor."
"I made it for Thanksgiving and had several requests for the recipe. I was serving it the next day and didn't want the gingersnaps to get soggy so I waited to add them to the top. The frosting was too firm to sprinkle them on so I pressed half gingersnaps into the cake with the round part standing up. It was cute, and very tasty."
"This cake is AMAZING!!! It is sooo easy to make and it tastes great! Thanks for sharing!!"
"I love gingersnaps so I thought what a great recipe for that one of a kind taste. I gave it a whirl only I gave it 1/2 tsp. of ginger for an added boost. Was delicious!!!"
"Got to enjoy this delicious cake. So moist, flavorful. Love the glaze with crumbled ginger snaps."