- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, pie spice and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cake; sprinkle with crushed cookies.
Freeze option: Wrap cooled cake in plastic wrap, then cover securely in foil; freeze. To use, thaw cake before unwrapping. Frost and decorate as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Gingersnap Pumpkin Cake
"This cake is delicious! I have made it a few times and everyone always loves it. It's a great crowd pleaser!"
"I was skeptical about this cake, but made it for my step-mother who loves anything pumpkin. IT WAS AMAZING! Everyone that tried it loved it!!!!!!!!"
"This recipe exceeded my expectations. The cake was incredibly moist and not crumbly like many bundt cakes are. The only change I will make next time is to add cinnamon along with the pumpkin pie spice - and that is just a personal preference. It is delicious as is."
"I have made this cake twice and have gotten so many compliments. It could not be easier to make - even for someone who is not comfortable with baking. It's perfect for fall and is appropriate for Thanksgiving dinner or just because! The ginger snaps really make it special so don't skimp! Great job, TOH!! This will be an annual staple in our home."
"This cake is as winner!"
"I really enjoyed this cake. It is really moist and has a great flavor."
"I made it for Thanksgiving and had several requests for the recipe. I was serving it the next day and didn't want the gingersnaps to get soggy so I waited to add them to the top. The frosting was too firm to sprinkle them on so I pressed half gingersnaps into the cake with the round part standing up. It was cute, and very tasty."
"This cake is AMAZING!!! It is sooo easy to make and it tastes great! Thanks for sharing!!"
"I love gingersnaps so I thought what a great recipe for that one of a kind taste. I gave it a whirl only I gave it 1/2 tsp. of ginger for an added boost. Was delicious!!!"
"Got to enjoy this delicious cake. So moist, flavorful. Love the glaze with crumbled ginger snaps."