I made this recipe looked like an easy fruit crisp, and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand. It was a huge hit with our guest. I'm sure it would be just as delicious with fresh pears.Dodi Mahan Walker, Peachtree City , Georgia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping
- Place the pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with flour and toss gently
- to combine. Divide among eight ungreased 8-oz. custard cups. Combine
- the gingersnaps, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over pears.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20
- minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with ice cream or
- whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 236 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.