Gingersnap Ice Cream
It's easy to dress up plain vanilla ice cream for the holidays by spicing up with a little molasses and ginger. A friend gave my this simple recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup crushed crisp gingersnaps (about 8 cookies)
- In a bowl, combine the ice cream, molasses and ginger just until
- blended; stir in cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or
- until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 146 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.