Gingersnap Goulash Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 12 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add ketchup; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8-10 serving (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 193 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Gingersnap Goulash
"This is very close to the sauerbraten recipe that my German grandmother made. Ginger snaps really make the best gravy. Try this, you'll like it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.