Gingersnap Goulash Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 12 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) ketchup
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add ketchup; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8-10 serving (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 193 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 824 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Gingersnap Goulash
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.