Gingersnap-Crusted Sweet Potato Cake
I like to bring one of these glazed sweet potato bundt cakes as a special hostess give during the holiday season. The icing looks pretty draping down the sides and it remains glossy even after it dries. —Catherine Wilkinson, Dewey, Arizona
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 6 cookies)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained and pureed
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Grease a 10-in. tube pan with 2 teaspoons butter and coat with
- crushed cookies; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and
- fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in sweet potatoes. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt
- and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture.