Gingersnap Berry Dessert Recipe
This cheesecake-like dessert is loaded with fresh fruit, making it perfect for summer.
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 9 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, wafer crumbs, walnuts and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Carefully spread about 1/3 cup over crust. Top with half blueberries. Spread with about 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Top with strawberries. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Arrange remaining blueberries on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 347 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC