Gingered Yellow Pepper 'n' Broccoli Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute yellow pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Stir broccoli; microwave 1 minute longer or until tender. Add the ginger, orange peel, salt and pepper to yellow pepper. Drain broccoli; add to pepper mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.