- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute yellow pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir broccoli; microwave 1 minute longer or until tender. Add the ginger, orange peel, salt and pepper to yellow pepper. Drain broccoli; add to pepper mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Yellow Pepper 'n' Broccoli in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p22
Reviews for Gingered Yellow Pepper 'n' Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >