Gingered White Bread
"My bread machine makes a 1-pound loaf, which is just the right size for me since I live alone," writes Lois Lovejoy of Waupun, Wisconsin. This compact loaf has a hint of ginger.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 90 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.