Gingered White Bread Recipe
"My bread machine makes a 1-pound loaf, which is just the right size for me since I live alone," writes Lois Lovejoy of Waupun, Wisconsin. This compact loaf has a hint of ginger.
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 90 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC