Gingered White Bread Recipe
"My bread machine makes a 1-pound loaf, which is just the right size for me since I live alone," writes Lois Lovejoy of Waupun, Wisconsin. This compact loaf has a hint of ginger.
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound).
Originally published as Gingered White Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p34
Reviews for Gingered White Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review