This is a wonderful tea when home alone on a rainy day or when the chill of fall fills the air. It always gives me a boost of energy, plus its taste is so soothing.
-Connie Lapp, Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 individual tea bags
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add honey and ginger.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- add tea bags.
- Cover and steep for 5-7 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in milk; heat
- through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.