Gingered Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Here's an easy and attractive way to spruce up sweet potatoes for your Thanksgiving dinner. Field editor Billie Moss of El Sobrante, California coats the sweet potato wedges with a ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar sauce that's both sweet and spicy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1. In a small skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger and pepper. Add the sweet potato wedges; toss to coat. Cover and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 453 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Gingered Sweet Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC