Here's an easy and attractive way to spruce up sweet potatoes for your Thanksgiving dinner. Field editor Billie Moss of El Sobrante, California coats the sweet potato wedges with a ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar sauce that's both sweet and spicy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- In a small skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger and pepper. Add the sweet potato wedges; toss to coat. Cover and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p11
Reviews for Gingered Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2014
"A staple at all our turkey dinners. Simple, quick and perfect every time."