Here's an easy and attractive way to spruce up sweet potatoes for your Thanksgiving dinner. Field editor Billie Moss of El Sobrante, California coats the sweet potato wedges with a ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar sauce that's both sweet and spicy.
Recommended: The 13x9 Thanksgiving
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- In a small skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger and pepper. Add the sweet potato wedges; toss to coat. Cover and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p11
Reviews for Gingered Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review