Gingered Sweet Potato Pancakes
Ginger offers a surprisingly pleasant taste to these golden sweet-potato pancakes shared by Mildred Sherrer of Bay City, Texas. Slightly crispy on the outside, they have a tender texture your family’s sure to love.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium potato, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; toss to mix well. In
- a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon of oil
- over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; press
- lightly to flatten. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden
- brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Yield: 12 servings.