Ginger offers a surprisingly pleasant taste to these golden sweet-potato pancakes shared by Mildred Sherrer of Bay City, Texas. Slightly crispy on the outside, they have a tender texture your family’s sure to love.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium potato, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; toss to mix well. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Sweet Potato Pancakes in Light & Tasty October 2005, p55
Reviews for Gingered Sweet Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review