Gingered Sweet & Spicy Hot Wings Recipe
My hot wings are a foolproof way to curry a little favor with the men in my life. Thanks to tons of sweet (orange marmalade) and hot (Sriracha) flavors bursting through with every bite, these wings are a winner on game day…or any day of the week. —Jennifer Locklin, Cypress, TX
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 14 ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Transfer chicken to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC