Gingered Strawberry Tart Recipe
- 24 gingersnap cookies (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1. In a food processor, combine the gingersnaps, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Cover and process until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger if desired and remaining sugar. Stir in chopped strawberries and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 30 minutes. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- 3. Arrange sliced berries over filling. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; brush over berries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 252 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Gingered Strawberry Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.