This strawberry delight is delicious with or without the crystallized ginger. It's perfect for spring or summer. It looks elegant, and tastes great, too. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 24 gingersnap cookies (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- In a food processor, combine the gingersnaps, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Cover and process until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger if desired and remaining sugar. Stir in chopped strawberries and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 30 minutes. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Arrange sliced berries over filling. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; brush over berries. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Strawberry Tart in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p52
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Gingered Strawberry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review