- 24 gingersnap cookies (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- In a food processor, combine the gingersnaps, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Cover and process until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger if desired and remaining sugar. Stir in chopped strawberries and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 30 minutes. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Arrange sliced berries over filling. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; brush over berries. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Gingered Strawberry Tart
Sort By :
"A very refreshing dessert. The fresh taste of the strawberries isn't overpowered by a lot of added sugar. I used 16 squares of cinnamon graham crackers in place of the gingersnaps, and omitted the 2 T. sugar in the crust. I solved the problem of the crust crumbling apart by simply baking the crust for 10 minutes at 350F (let cool before proceeding with the recipe). I was surprised that the recipe doesn't call for baking the crust ... of course it will fall apart if it's just crumbs patted in a pan! This recipe has a very lovely presentation, pretty enough for a special occasion. I will definitely be making this recipe again."
"This turns out beautiful and tastes so good! The only quibble is that the crust doesn't stay together well when sliced so it is only pretty until you cut in. It disappeared FAST!"