Gingered Squash Saute Recipe
- 1 pound yellow summer squash
- 1/2 pound small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Cut yellow squash in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, saute squash, zucchini, onion and green peppers for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and ginger. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 48 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Gingered Squash Saute
"I have made this 2 or 3 times and we really like it. To begin with, I always like my vegetables sort of "chunked" like this rather than sliced. I think it gives the dish a little more body. We aren't a family that likes the veggies still "crispy" or crunchy. So I did saute (and stir) everything for closer to 8 minutes before I put the lid on to let it steam. I also left out the salt and used fresh ginger and a little fresh rosemary."