This vibrant veggies saute puts summer's bounty in the spot light. "The recipe comes from a 20-year-old cookbook, but I still use it, especially when produce from our garden is plentiful," Ruth Andrewson notes from Peck, Idaho.
- 1 pound yellow summer squash
- 1/2 pound small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut yellow squash in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, saute squash, zucchini, onion and green peppers for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and ginger. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Squash Saute in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p11
Reviews for Gingered Squash Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review