Gingered Squash and Pears Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place squash in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in pear and ginger. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until pear is tender. Stir in honey and heat through. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 72 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Gingered Squash and Pears
"Not good. Even with alot of salt and pepper could not eat this, too bland."