Gingered Squash and Pears Recipe
"Butternut squash and pears are a delightful duo delicately seasoned with ginger, honey and nutmeg," assures Jane Rossi of Charlotte, North Carolina. "This is a pretty dish, too."
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place squash in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in pear and ginger. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until pear is tender. Stir in honey and heat through. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Squash and Pears in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p16
Reviews for Gingered Squash and Pears(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2010
Not good. Even with alot of salt and pepper could not eat this, too bland.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >