Gingered Spaghetti Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5? minutes of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, stir ginger into salad dressing.
- 2. Place spaghetti in a large bowl; add chicken, cucumber, peppers and red onion. Pour dressing mixture over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
1-3/4 cup equals 353 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.