Gingered Spaghetti Salad
With a wonderful blend of bright flavors and colors, this cold pasta salad is ideal for warm summer days. Cindy Heinbaugh - Aurora, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions,
- adding the edamame during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and
- rinse in cold water.
- Place in a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, cucumber, peppers, red
- onion and ginger. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 364 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a