With a wonderful blend of bright flavors and colors, this cold pasta salad is ideal for warm summer days. Cindy Heinbaugh - Aurora, Colorado
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, stir ginger into salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, chicken, cucumber, peppers and red onion. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Spaghetti Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gingered Spaghetti Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2015
"This salad gets rave reviews at potlucks and picnics. I omit the chicken so that our vegetarian friends can enjoy it, too."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010