Gingered Snow Peas Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place peas and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Combine the butter, ginger and salt. Drizzle over the peas; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Gingered Snow Peas
"This is a very nice way to dress up a simple side dish. I used fresh minced ginger root instead of ground ginger, and it was delicious."