- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked Minute® Brown Rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Place carrots and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper; place over vegetables. Pour broth mixture over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Just before serving, prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in green onions, cilantro, jalapenos and lime peel.
- Remove ribs to a serving plate; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ribs and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Gingered Short Ribs with Green Rice
Sort By :
"Awesome..My son gave it a 9 and my husband and I gave it 10s. Incredible. I did make one subsitution. I did not have any honey so I used maple syrup (something my grandmother did when she didn't have honey) Nobody noticed"
"The rice was excellent and smelled great. The meat was good but I felt it either had too much of something or not enough; I couldn't put my finger on it."
"pinkpotatoes ~ I hope you get this! I don't do beef short ribs for that very reason. I'm here just for the rice and seasonings part of the recipe. I intend to use Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs.Good Luck ~ Kitzer"
"I am actually not reviewing this but it looks and sounds fabulous. What I really would like to know is, where did you find short ribs with so much meat on them? The only ones I see here are so much bone and fat that we hardly get any meat!"
"This was AMAZING! You could easily make this with a pot roast as well. Next time I will add a little more ginger but other than that wont stray from the recipe. The green rice was a perfect compliment!"