- salt and pepper; place over vegetables. Pour broth mixture over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Just before serving, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Stir in green onions, cilantro, jalapenos and lime peel.
- Remove ribs to a serving plate; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to
- a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl,
- mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices.
- Return to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve
- with ribs and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup sauce and 2/3 cup rice equals 444 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.