- soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Pour over top. Cover
- and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Stir in the
- green onions, cilantro, jalapenos and lime peel.
- Remove ribs to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the cooking
- liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with ribs and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup sauce and 2/3 cup rice equals 444 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.