- In a large saucepan, combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt,
- cloves and cream until smooth. Add pumpkin, brown sugar and orange
- juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. Remove from the
- heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to
- the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until bubbly. Stir in
- orange peel.
- Fill pumpkins with hot filling to within 3/4 in. of top. Grill
- pumpkins, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 30 minutes.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and pecans in a small bowl; cut
- in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Grill 30 minutes
- longer or until a thermometer inserted in filling reads 160°.
- If desired, grill pumpkin tops over indirect heat during the last 30
- minutes of grilling. Remove pumpkins and tops from grill; cool for
- 10 minutes before serving. Place tops on pumpkins if desired. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 578 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.